Sunday, November 1, 2009

Why Bother?

Halloween was fun. I didn't make out with CPR... in fact beyond Hi-5's, the only physical contact we had was when he put his hand on my shoulder during a group photo. Disappointing? yeah, but there really wasn't a good corner to disappear into, or really an opportunity to try to find one.
He did seem to enjoy our small party (6 people total, i think, its all a bit hazy) and texted that he would enjoy more get to gethers. I haven't heard from him since about 1:30am last night, but will be working with him tomorrow morning.

I've had plenty of time to think things over today. While I was brooding in my disappointment/wondering if its all for the best, I had a nice freak-out to the tune of Should I even bother waiting around for the elusive "good christian boy"?

Where am I even supposed to find these guys? Do they exist as single men in this area? Sure, I know plenty of high quality christian guys in the area... but they're all married.

I knew quite a few of these guys, still single, when I was in college, but never got asked out. I took initiative a few times, and got turned down. I caught wind of a rumor this past year, that I had been the object of desire by many a fellow while in school... but like I said, never got asked out. So what good does that do me? none.

So, as a Christian woman, what am I supposed to do with the religiously ambiguous? Its not like I can start conversations in polite company with "hi, can you please summarize your whole religious experience and belief system so that I can know whether or not its worth getting to know you. Kthanks."
But at some point it is necessary to at least nail down which camp you are in, and to some degree it matters. Plus, it eventually comes up, as I have a degree in Christian Theology.

Really, I know the answer to my current dilemma: don't get involved romantically with CPR, it will only lead to the next poorly defined relationship that can't go anywhere. But this lonely girl hears her biological clock ticking. Not to mention the reminders from family, friends, well wishers and nosey church ladies. And gosh, it would be nice to say "i'm seeing someone." Or at least have someone to hug on a bad day... who doesn't have boobs.

Lemon Out

2 comments:

  1. I <3 your links. and I like that I get them too! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally get your dilemma.

    i think the problem (and prepare yourself) is that most christian guys DON'T HAVE BALLS.

    seriously. they need to learn how to ask girls out. because non-christian guys obviously do.

    and i agree that it would be so nice to say that "i'm seeing someone".

    i'll admit...sometimes when i meet a nice, christian guy i fantasize about spending the holidays together. is this thanksgiving too soon to meet his family?

    (and by "sometimes", i mean "always")

    ReplyDelete