Thursday, January 21, 2010

Maybe a little early to tell

So, Just got home from a nice long evening with the Dr.

He called Tuesday afternoon to check to see if I was dieing from my hangover (pshaw, please, no hangover here!) and to make sure someone was able to get me back to my car. Brownie points for the check in call. Not even a text, a call!

Today was a really slow day on the unemployment front. REALLY SLOW. I even began reorganizing my room to a point where it might be conceived of as decorating. Oh, plus you can see the floor. So, about 4:00 or so, I texted him saying I was super bored. He texted back that he was at work but could meet up with me later.

As much fun as I had with him Monday night at the bar, knowing that we had great conversation, I can't remember exactly every word I said... and wonder if maybe I over shared on a thing or two. So I thought perhaps I'd like to do something... sober.

We eventually decided to meet at starbucks. I went a little early, so to order my own drink first and pay for it myself. I don't need him thinking I need or expect him to pay all the time. I played with my Nintendo DS (NY Times Crossword puzzle game) as I waited for him, and he showed up just in time to help me finish off the last four or five clues.
(prove I'm autonomous. check.
Make him feel smart. check.)

We spent 6 hours talking. SIX HOURS!!! And it flew by. I haven't had so much to talk about with someone, and have it be intelligent conversation in a LONG time. Religion (I've actually found someone who shares religious beliefs with me... huh, strange), politics, philosophy, science (that was more along the lines of me listening), fast cars, fast motorcycles, the pros and cons of joining the army. We laughed a lot, both at ourselves and other people.

I'm a little nervous about my possible residency in Friendville though. Since we do have a platonic history, I wonder if we can overcome that into... anything.

Take, for instance, his offer to "bite the bullet and pretend to be with you" next time I have to deal with The Farmer so that we can make fun of him. Is that his way of inviting himself to hang out with my friends, so that he can sum up the type of guy I'm not interested in dating? Or is that a statement that he is not actually interested in anything other than bi-weekly 6 hour hang outs at places like bars and coffee shops, and being seen with me is possibly only slightly better than a poke in the eye?

I think I'll let him initiate the next get together. I still have his sweatshirt, so there's at least that.

I'm heading up to my family cabin for a couple of nights of girl fun with a good friend. I'm sure, with the best help, I'll dissect the crap out of every piece of conversation I can remember with the Dr from this week.

It is possible I'm getting a little a head of my self here... but:

The future Mrs Dr Lemon Out!


Editor's note The Farmer has been re dubbed Ex-Wife, since he girled out on me, and no longer plays silly facebook farming games. Sadly, he knows that I call him this, a friend slipped up in saying in front of his face with on the phone with me. Ugh, I hope he doesn't girl out more. He worries me sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. This is great news, and I like the progression the good doctor is making!!

    Way to make it happen!! :)

    p.s. sorry i didn't respond to your text...i was in class from 12:10-7 today :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I totally commented on this yesterday, and I don't know why it didn't show up. Sometimes blogger does that to me. Oh well. Anyway, this sounds promising! Hooray for guys who don't act like they're 17!

    ReplyDelete