Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Game Over, Replay?

I sure hope that 2010 goes a bit differently than 09. There are a few things that I would have done differently... boys... jobs... life. But, I can't and so as I stare down a new calendar year hoping that I've learned my lessons and will do things differently if given the chance.

I very much miss CLBF, but now know better than to let relationships go undefined for so long. Also, either not getting involved with people if there's an expiration date OR not setting expiration dates on relationships.

Perhaps my fleeting moments with CPR have taught me to date within my own religious/moral standards. He never admitted that it was the no sex thing that caused his disappearance, but everything else seemed to be going well. CLBF had been very patient with me, so I expected CPR to be so as well.

It reminds me of a character on a TV show that I enjoy. The female lead is an older woman, and gets knocked up by a younger man. I think it's obvious as to why I like this scenario... anyway, younger man is begins dating another girl, then decides he doesn't want to continue the relationship. While trying to figure out what to do, He says to Older female "I don't want her to think I'm a bad guy... so i just won't call her." TYPICAL!

I've also begun to really feel the recession... "they" say we're out of it, but I'd like to have a word with "them." Maybe "they" can pay my student loans while I'm still out of a job. Or, maybe I can have one of "their" jobs.

But I'm trying SO hard to enter 2010 with a positive attitude! I've even exercised twice this week! I've got plenty more jobs to research and apply for. I'll be heading to the Unemployment Services office Wednesday morning to get a good resume make over. And, I've scheduled a date for my GRE test. Its coming up quickly, and I'm looking forward to getting that over.

Also, I reconnected with a few people i knew in high school. That's what facebook is for, right?* Stalking people you used to know?! Ya, well, this was a guy that made many a heart flutter, and he's awaiting his acceptance into med school. AND through a quick catch up facebook chat session he offered to help me study the math section for the GREs. So, DR Bravo, I look forward to you helping me with my math issues.

Lemon Optimistic

* And, on new years day, I only spent a few minutes staring at CPR, CLBF, and Toaster's profiles... then facebook got taken away from me. Thats what real friends are for!

No comments:

Post a Comment