Monday, September 14, 2009

texts

The Farmer. he's driving me CRAZZZY!

I don't usually take the time to transcribe texts into blogs, but this is worth it.

So, Sunday afternoon, after I've spend ALL day helping my dad re-tar the driveway, and scrape a lot of moss off the roof, I find a text or two on my phone!
"oh boy" I say, as I poke buttons to read them.

"oh crap" I say after I read them

Farmer: 5:37 pm Ever been to the __ Art Museum?
Farmer: 6:11 pm Nevermind I guess.

Me: 6:12 Where is it?

Farmer: 6:16 pm I was wondering if you saw that text. Ha ha... its in [big city] near [hospital].

Me: 6:17 pm I JUST finished re-tarring the driveway. No, i don't think i've ever been there.

Farmer: 6:21 pm I apologize for being indignant. I would really like to visit it sometime and wondered if you'd be free next weekend and would be interested.
Farmer: 6:26 pm I'm really sorry if I'm being a thorn in your side, but honestly "busy" and "not interested" look pretty similar. Please forgive my impatience.

Me: 7:11 Can you let me reply before you assume i'm blowing you off? And maybe its just best for me to say now i'm not interested.

Farmer: 7:13 pm Well it was an assumption built on a lot of evidence. I do appreciate the condor.

So, Gosh, that was confusing. Then this evening, on my way home from work, I noticed my phone was calling the Farmer... his name being on the top of my contacts list. I hung up,

Farmer 7:55pm You Rang?

Me: 7:55pm Haha you got butt dialed. Sorry!

Farmer 7:56pm I guess it was out of character.

Me: 8:01pm I Don't really know how to respond to that...

Farmer 8:05 I apologize once again for catching you off guard by being blunt.


I just don't even know what to do with him. I don't like dealing with 14 y/0 old girl texts...

1 comment:

  1. So glad you posted this! That is hilarious! (And pathetic on his part...)

    ReplyDelete