Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Perhaps You Have Noticed

The alternating between chewing my nails, and the stupid grin on my face?!

1. Work has been supremely frustrating lately. The ship is sinking, and the Board of Directors (and the other branch the company operates) don't seem as concerned about being respectful, as much as just getting the damn thing to sink. They're cutting hours and jobs faster than I seem to be able to react to. Its possible that today was my last day working with CPR, although nothing has been finalized yet. The public is really frustrated with the pool closure as well, but other than the official statement the Board of Directors made last Wednesday, I have no answers to anyone's questions.

2. Things are going super well with CPR. He went with me and three close friends to see a movie Monday evening. Props to him for meeting my friends, taking me to a ridiculous movie, and for being a super good sport.

I've been learning little wonderful things about him more and more as we hang out and talk. One of the most interesting, i think, is that his dad is from England. Yup, i might just be dating a British citizen. CPR doesn't have an accent, but he's still got family on the other side of the pond. Lovely!

My boss/bff came up with Character assignments for ourselves and coworkers over the last week in relation to everyone's favorite TV show: The Office. My boss/bff is SO Michael Scott, and I am very much a Jim type character. In relation to this, we started naming off other co workers who fit characters. We really do have a Dwight type person, a Kelly Kapur, and a 2-fer: Kevin/Toby mix! (the assistant manager is as useful as Kevin, and Boss/bff likes him as much as Michael likes Toby). Why am I mentioning this in the CPR section of today's blog? Well, if I'm Jim... He's my Pam.

Nothing beats a good office romance... even if you don't work in an office. Who knows if CPR and I will get married at Niagra Falls, but we can figure out those details later.

3. I've decided to take a Social Network Hiatus. In the middle of one of my larger freak outs, I came to realize that I spend all day wishing I spent more time doing important things (read my bible, apply for jobs, study for the GREs, etc), and instead I browse Facebook. Its all I ever do. So I deactivated it.

Actually I made someone else change the password, and deactivate it for me, so I can't get back in until I've proven that I can manage my time a little more effectively. Dammit I miss it. a lot.

I did make some GRE vocab flashcards... that i haven't picked up since. And I subscribed to a Daily Bible Reading (bible in a year) podcast... and haven't synched my ipod ever since. I need some serious motivation, and some sort of accountability system as well. I've been getting better at waking up at a decent hour lately, now I just need to crack open that bible and read it.

Lemon Updated

No comments:

Post a Comment