Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Mightiest Battle

I find the hardest decision to make while starting a new relationship is when to actually share my thoughts and feelings, and when to keep my mouth shut.

I had invited CPR to my annual Christmas party. Attendees are all friends (and spouses/fiancees/dates) from high school. He initially said he'd go, then texted last night that he was going to have to work late. I was a bit disappointed, but then he actually called this afternoon to check in. In the end, he got home from work pretty late, and it would have been a 45 minute drive out to my friend's house. But he actually checked in when he said he would.

Does this remove the feeling that I think he didn't really want to go? no. Am I disappointed that our only plans in the last week didn't heppen? yes, a lot.

Do I talk with him about it? Do i let it go? Do I make the next move for trying to hang out or wait for him to call me? are we past that point in the game? What are the rules here?

I hate calling guys. I just want to talk to him, about everything, about nothing. But the mere act of dialing his number, and waiting for him to pick up his phone makes me feel like I'm throwing myself at him. Is this normal? I can't expect for him to make all the moves, but I don't need to show him all my cards, right?

I've been wanting to dtr the kid for like two weeks, and can't seem to actually spend time with him, let alone talk about... my feelings!!!

YIKES

This Lemon could use some Lemonade right about now.

My current job ends friday, and yet I haven't gotten a call back about any of my resumes. I'll start to freak out about that come January 1. Its kinda nice to have some spare time around the holidays.

On the bright side, the annual christmas party with my friends (sans cpr) was a lot of fun. There was even a point where i laughed so hard i cried. I love laughter.

Tired Lemon to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment