Monday, February 1, 2010

Not a bad weekend

Saturday night was, for all intents and purposes, a success.

He texted to asked if I could take a photo of him as a part of his med school application, and since I was already elbow deep in homemade marinara sauce, I said sure, to come on over, and if he was hungry I would feed him too. He called me back and said he'd be on his way in just a few minutes, and that he loved me.

I made a quick call to my favorite Crushologist to discuss this revelation, and pass the nervous minutes until I heard him rumble up to my front door. Lets be honest, a large part of me wants to pretend like he wasn't just super excited to get food, and that he really always has loved me, and he's just now saying it about food, so as to get it out in the open.

Once he arrived, we realized I didn't have any vegetables for a side dish, so he offered to head to the grocery store to pick some up, and get some wine. Who was I to say no to either?

Two bottles of Cab Sauv later we attempted to take a photo, but the lighting was poor, and my hand wasn't very steady. We decided to give it up, and head out to a party he knew of. He said a guy we used to know from high school would be there, and we were off.

We arrived, and not only did I know one guy from high school, I knew all sorts of people. Apparently the Dr stays in better contact with people I knew in Middle School than I do with lots of people i knew in college. Weird. Ok, so maybe not super weird, since we all went to high school together, I just lost touch with them all after middle school. The joys of going to a large school.

The party was a good time. I got asked a few times why I would waste my time with the Dr, as if I'm way better than he is, as if I'm out of his league, above his standard of dating. I think this was mostly a combination of shock that I still exist, and general picking on him. I'm not super worried about it.

On the drive back to my house he repeatedly gave my shoulder a little push, so as to cause me to lose my balance into the side door. My complaints of "heyyy" were received, and yet taken to mean "do that again!" Its just possible, that he read that correctly.

The physical touch has increased from 0 (like when we studied at the library) to a light to medium amount of flirt-ful touches, pushes, etc. Still no kiss though. There was a moment, standing next to his car as he dropped me off, that I thought could have evolved into a good night kiss. But he didn't go for it, and I don't need to throw myself at him.

Sunday he asked if we could try to get that picture done, so he came over again. I was hungover, he was hungover, I made him sit quietly through the last ten minutes of the Grey's Anatomy my sisters and I had been watching. My sisters excused themselves politely, as they both had places to go, and there we were, alone. He got his photo taken, and sent it off with his acceptance for his Med School interview. He hung out for a little over an hour longer, then decided he needed to go home and take a nap. I got a nice hug, and sent him on his way.

It was a very pleasant weekend overall, even with a hangover.

Lemon Out

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! :)

    Glad that dinner and the show (the party) went well!

    I'm sure that kiss is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete