Monday, February 8, 2010

From both sides

Funny thing happened yesterday.

Dr Bravo called to see if I wanted to go for a run. He talked me into it, and gave me a time when he'd pick me up after work.

My mom asked what my plans for the day included, and I told her we were going for a run. She then starts berating me about not having met this boy, and he can come in next time he picks me up. I reminded her that she's met him before, and she said that ten years ago didn't count. I rolled my eyes, and told her not to put pressure on me and my undefined relationships.

Mom left for the afternoon, and shortly there after the Dr stopped by to pick me up. We headed for a local trail, and ended up "running" (there was a bit of walking... I'm out of shape) a little over 3 miles.

On the way back to my house the Dr said to make sure to say "hi" to my parents for him. I said sure, I would, and he chimed in that he hadn't met them. What is this? some sort of Deja vous? I reminded him that he has met my parents, and again, he claimed that back in high school didn't count.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a pattern developing here?

We pulled up to the front yard, and my dad happened to be standing on the porch, giving car keys back to a lady he's been helping out. The dr looked at me, and said "should i say hi? I should go shake his hand."
"ya, sure, if you want to" I replied, and he turned off the car. We walked up to the front door, and I said "Dad, you remember [Dr Bravo], right?"
Dad says "ya, sure" then turns to go back in the house without giving the Dr a second look. Dr Bravo speaks up, and states that he wants to shake Dad's hand, so dad obliges, then abruptly turns around and disappears into the house. AWKWARD. Dr Bravo is standing there, looking a little stunned by the quickness of it all.

I've got both mom and the Dr harping on me how they haven't gotten officially introduced since I was 18, while dad not only doesn't seem too worried about getting an introduction... or sticking around once he gets one.

I'm not really sure what's gotten into everyone lately, but I'm not going to complain if he's the one prompting introductions.

Lemon Out.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'd say that's a good sign, despite your dad's awkwardness! Go you!

    ReplyDelete