Thursday, September 3, 2009

Welp... I moved

I moved. 300 miles away from my autonomous life, and back into my parents' basement. I've got my old room back, Dad is fixing up my old car, and I'm back to the same line of work that I did in high school. Its kinda just like being 18 again. EW.

If looked at in a different light: I've got a 36 hr/week job, i'm not paying rent, and I've got plenty of experience to do what doing. Oh, plus i got asked out. More on that later.

The thing is... I miss my old city. I miss Ladder 20. A LOT. I miss my friends, and one of my old jobs. Is it a little pathetic that instead of being really excited about an age appropriate guy, who lives in the area, I'm yearning for a man child who lives too far away? Oh the heart.

So, new guy. We're going to call him the Farmer. He's a friend of one of my longest term best friends. We officially met in may, when the whole group of us went camping. We got stuck as tent buddies when said long term best friend "forgot" the poles to the tent I was supposed to be sleeping in. We had a good time camping... invented a better breakfast version of eggos sm'ores, talked nerd books, made fun of long term best friend. He's very funny, not terrible to look at, and seems to be a nice guy.

So, I got this voicemail yesterday afternoon, from the Farmer, and it says "hey, you tell best friend to give you some time off so i can take you to dinner: (best friend who had taken pity on me and hired me short term). The whole message had an air of "ok, you can do it, just do it... ahhhh! i'm doing it... must sound brave and confident." It was kinda nice, but at the same time, he didn't really ask me if i wanted to go to dinner. I'll give farmer a date or two.
I have this feeling that he should be everything i want... and yet... sigh.

1 comment:

  1. i love this. and you. and i'm glad you got a job, even if it's maybe not ideal for the long-term. and hey, any attention is good attention, even if it's the farmer over ladder 20. i mean, in EMMA, harriet smith had to have a couple crushes before she realized mr. robert martin was her match. right? i'm sure that gives you such peace of mind.

    oh, and i miss you.

    ReplyDelete