Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What Did I DO????

Serious Freak out!

And it has nothing to do with boys!!!

Today I registered for a half marathon. WHAT?!

The race is Thanksgiving weekend. I have 11 weeks to get myself ready for this sucker. I've never run more than 7.5 miles at any one time, and this is almost exactly double that. The next two months are going to be a time of pushing myself very hard physically and mentally to prepare. I've paid my expensive entrance fee, so I'm officially committed to the event.

I almost don't know what's scarier: the 13.1 miles or that everyone has been so supportive. I should feel touched that people believe in me, but to some extent i just feel a lot of pressure to perform well. the 13.1 miles is pretty terrifying though.

Other things I'm working on:

Reapplying for a job at which I think would fit my life and personality well. I have a friend who works there already, and she said the last time I interviewed, they liked me a lot, but went with someone they had passed on the previous time they had hired. So, I've emailed the hiring lady, and hopefully will hear back from her soon.

Looking at photography and photoshop/digital media classes. I live near several community colleges, and one has a highly regarded art department. I Can't afford classes this fall, but hopefully I can see about taking a class and workshop or two in the new year. Taking photos has made me so happy the last few years, but there are times I feel I have so much left to learn. So, lets learn!!

I want to start attending and commit to a church. There's a church one of my friends goes to, and I've liked it when I've gone in the past. I've committed to a small group for fall quarter, and I'm looking at an internship they do, possibly starting next spring/summer.

So, i guess that's where my priorities lie these days: Jesus, running, photography, and finding a job that fits my strengths.
good thing things are going slow with PBR... do i even have time for him!? of course i do. I love making time for him. :-)

Lemon Out!

(just a side note/complaint) Like i said, most people have been super supportive of my commitment to the half-m. I texted Dr Bravo earlier to see if he would run with me when I'm at my parents house the next two weekends. He says he will run, but we have to go slow, I tell him i'm in training, and he calls me crazy. boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment